Hello

Hello,

I expect delphi 10.3 to come out before august. As you may know there will be in august an "update" in the play store because the apps will have to target an higher api level. Embarcadero needs to fix this otherwise no more android apps in delphi!

Where I work we're moving to Java which is of course better than fmx but the porting process is slow. Is there any fix to this delphi android sdk problem?

I have said that I EXPECT the update but I am not sure. I have seen a great solution by david nottage but it has a quite visible problem in the title bar! Do we have to wait or there is another solution?

Comments

  1. Alberto Miola seems like embarcadero is hiding their game , no news no nothing, I am really in the point of jump off fmx for mobile development to xamarin or B4X , but... I hope emba will prove me wrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have dropped delphi but we had a lot of projects to move so we need time. Java and C# are the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alberto Miola I have a solution for the status bar problem. I've been meaning to update the article (and demo), however one workaround is on the form: set Transparency to True, ensure Fill.Color is Null and Fill.Kind is Solid, and have a Rectangle with no Sides aligned to Contents. I'm planning an update to the article or a completely new one that doesn't need a separate .jar to work, however I haven't quite tested everything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can someone post some links? I have no idea, what you are talking about, but would like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Микола Петрівський This is a link to the article Albert and I are referring to: http://delphiworlds.com/2018/05/targeting-android-8-and-higher/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't comment on dates until we have a public announcement. But, FYI, in the past we have tried to have a solution when platform changes do not sync with release dates, whether a hotfix or some other solution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David Millington I think I've got the point ;) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you have specific concerns, please email one of us. If you email me (firstname dot lastname @embarcadero.com) I'll pass it on to the right person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment