I've made available, with permissions from the author, an open source version of King Calendar - one of the early Delphi components back in Delphi 1 - 3 days and was basically abandoned.

I've made available, with permissions from the author, an open source version of King Calendar - one of the early Delphi components back in Delphi 1 - 3 days and was basically abandoned.
I've broken out to proper run and design time packages years ago and had kept it updated through the various versions of Delphi.
I've made available via GitHib and am starting with Delphi 10.2 Tokyo packages sne then later adding earlier packages. I've also made 64 bit packages.
The original demos were tweaked and also 64 bit versions made and tested.
I've taken the original documentation (credits had included Nick Hodges when he was in the Navy, to show how old the component was, and converter the no longer supported help format to RTF.
https://github.com/K7LER/KingCal

Comments

  1. I remember King Calendar! (I also remember back when Nick Hodges was in the Navy) Thanks so much Lance Rasmussen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lance Rasmussen : Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this question, but is there any plans to make it Lazarus compatible?

    Probably the best question would be: How dependent is this component on Windows APIs?

    Thanks for any answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attila Kovacs I thought I made the DFM's text as I normally do. I'll convert them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gustavo Carreno I haven't had any plans to port to Lazurus. I think it should port over ok. I have only briefly played with Lazurus over the years as I've never had a need for it. If I have time, I'll investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lance Rasmussen Thanks!

    I'll also have a go at it and post some PRs if I get anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second the image snap would be nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attila Kovacs DFM's have now been converted to text based DFMs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some screenshots taken and put on the project wiki.

    github.com - KingCal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for taking the time to get the source code ready for folks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The GitHub page doesn't say which license this is released under, or am I just not seeing it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christian Conrad - The GitHub page shows MIT above the Clone or Download button (at least in my browser) and in the root directory, you will see a file named LICENSE which displays the license.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, I should probably just not try to read stuff on my phone. Thanks, Lance Rasmussen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment