Switching windows in the IDE using the keyboard. I'm using XE3. Does anybody know if Delphi IDE has a keyboard shortcut to switch back and forth to the Editor and undocked Windows? I know about Alt+End which switches between non-docked IDE windows, but that doesn't cycle back to the docked editor window.

Switching windows in the IDE using the keyboard. I'm using XE3. Does anybody know if Delphi IDE has a keyboard shortcut to switch back and forth to the Editor and undocked Windows? I know about Alt+End which switches between non-docked IDE windows, but that doesn't cycle back to the docked editor window.

To give you a usage example to help explain my problem. I have the IDE in the default docked window mode (all windows inside one). But I have a few undocked windows too. eg: GExperts's "Grep Results" which is a floating window. While my editor has focus pressing Alt+End does nothing. Yet I believe it is supposed to switch between IDE windows, but it doesn't. Now if I have two undocked (floating) windows, and I use the mouse to focus one of them. THEN the Alt+End switches between the two floating windows, but I can never return to the Editor. I'm forced to use the mouse and physically click in the editor.

I want to be able to switch windows without using the mouse. Is this at all possible?

Comments

  1. F11/F12 works in mysterious ways - IF - the unit you are in is a frame or form. It seems to me that there are many flakey aspects with regards to mouseless operation of the IDE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can get a list of undocked windows with alt+0 (not at a machine to test)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks David Hoyle, not ideal because of the dialog that appears, but better than nothing. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment