Debug in Linux?

Debug in Linux?

I am confused with debugging in Linux.

I have one VM with Delphi and another one with Linux. The two VM are connected, all works nicely.

Say, I have this code:
writeln('Line 1);
readln;

If I build and deploy it, I go to the Linux VM and run the app. Then, I see the output in the VM. The same if I run the app from IDE.

Now, what I confuses me is this: If I run the app with debugging, I can't figure out where the output is. Should it be in the paserver (Linux VM), right? I can't see anything there.

Moreover, if I set a breakpoint in writeln and run it, there is nothing in the Linux VM but I see the output in the "Event Log" window within the IDE. But, then I can't not interact with the keyboard for the readln.

Comments

  1. Lars Fosdal How do I access Log? Which unit? System?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Kouraklis My bad, Log.d is a logcat thing for Android.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment