Hi all! I'm fighting with help issue... I'm using chm files in my applications. First of all they seems to be deprecated from Mircosoft... so what are you using for your help system?

Hi all! I'm fighting with help issue... I'm using chm files in my applications. First of all they seems to be deprecated from Mircosoft... so what are you using for your help system?

My problem happens in this context: Win10 april 2018 + D10.2.3 + VCL app + styles + chm help file. When I open the help file from my app (classic F1 button) the chm viewer is correctly opened but I could see that my app try to apply his style to the viewer and the result is a mess: data showned appear/disapper on mouse move. I guess that the problem could be related on the vcl style applyed to the chm viewer. Is there a way to avoid this?

Comments

  1. Kiriakos Vlahos yes David Heffernan is right I don't want other dialogs no longer be styled. I need no style only for chm help viewer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Heffernan I quickly solved follow your suggestion. The answer is here: github.com - vcl-styles-utils

    "The HtmlHelpW internally loads the hhctrl.ocx OCX using the LoadLibrary method, this causes which this file (hhctrl.ocx) uses the same hooked dlls (UxTheme.dll, user32.dll and so on). because that you can see only some element styled. Unfortunately the hooks used to replace the WndProc and paint the another CommCtrls (like ToolbarWindow32, SysTabControl32) doesn't works on OCX modules.

    As workaround you can use the hh.exe to open the chm files like so

    ShellExecute(Handle, 'open', 'hh.exe', PWideChar(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Help.chm::/welcome.htm>Main'), nil, SW_SHOW);"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tested embed a TWebBrowser, a WebBroker into a delphi project, write some document in HTML with BootStrap and save all of HTML and JS and CSS files into a SQLite database file, and when user want to access help, the program show a form with TWebbrowser in it and goto http://localhost:2333/myhelp.html;

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment