How and why I built rabbitmq client for delphi


How and why I built rabbitmq client for delphi

What is rabbitmq client for delphi?
There are many versions of the AMQP client on the official website of rabbitmq, and the whole community is also java, python version of the client is Mainstream .The client of delphi version is only "Habari Client for RabbitMQ", it's a commercial software, requires more than 200 dollar.
Looking for github, I finally found 2 open source clients:
Https://github.com/lgadina/comotobo
Https://github.com/lgadina/rabbitmq-library

Rabbitmq-library has no demo, and the comment is almost zero. Comotobo is very simple to write, there is a demo, but to be used for enterprise applications, you have to rewrite on this basis. Rabbitmq-library is relatively complete, except that Tx is not implemented in depth. Others such as Connection, Exchange, Queue, and Channel can be used directly.

The problem I wanted to solve
Delphi is a native Windows development tool that does not require a virtual machine.
With the delphi version of the rabbitmq client, the speed is high and the performance is stable.

The process of building rabbitmq client for delphi
I use delphimq to encode message which read from database(i.e sqlserver) and publish it to the rabbitmq server.

on the other client(windows server 2008 R2),I use delphimq to decode messages and save to the harddisk.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this! I remember an unpleasant exchange I had with the maker of the Habari client when they advertised here. I felt it was unfair to make money off of an open protocol, especially without returning any to the protocol creators. I see this all too often in the Delphi community. There's one company that seems to specialize in simply wrapping open source libraries and charging hundreds of dollars and not donating a penny to the actual library creators (ffmpeg, sqlite, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you intend to made Delphimq source code available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabio VITALE Yes! I want to find one or more project for enterprise platform.On desktop applications, java or python mq client is not as good as delphimq. When the source code is stable,I will release code.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment