I have been working with Delphi since Delphi 5, on and off through the years. I have a few ides for making the code easier to read and I hope to hear some feedback.

I have been working with Delphi since Delphi 5, on and off through the years. I have a few ides for making the code easier to read and I hope to hear some feedback.

Delphi classes and records
Scope containment
Less Typing and, Easier to refactor ,Easier to read

Simple = record
private
fID : Integer;
function GetID:Integer;
procedure SetID(Vlaue:integer);

published
property ID : Integer read GetID write SetID;

implemented

Procedure GetID: Integer;
begin
result := fID;
end;

procedure SetID(Value : Integer);
begin
fID := Value;
end;
end;

Simple = class
private
fID : Integer;
function GetID:Integer;
procedure SetID(Vlaue:integer);

published
property ID : Integer read GetID write SetID;

implemented

Procedure GetID: Integer;
begin
result := fID;
end;

procedure SetID(Value : Integer);
begin
fID := Value;
end;

end;

I think the value of a for loop should be made available after a loop is completed. I have seen this requested before.

for iPos := 0 to high(myArray) do
if myArray[iPos] = Value then break;

yay i can use iPos


and last but not least

Case statement update

function SC(Value:integer):integer;
begin
Case SimpleCase of
1: inc(SC);
2: inc(SC);
3: inc(SC);
4: inc(SC);
5: inc(SC);
else
end;
end;

// sc(0) has now a value of 0
// sc(1) has now a value of 1
// sc(2) has now a value of 1
// sc(3) has now a value of 1
// sc(4) has now a value of 1
// sc(5) has now a value of 1
// sc(5) has now a value of 0


function SC(Value:integer):integer;
begin
// The Switch will allow the c type case statement
// Or just introduce switch
Case Switch SimpleCase of
1:
begin
inc(SC);
BreakCase; // I dont't know if an ordinary Break would work here
//as you might want to break out of a loop
end;
2: inc(SC);
3: inc(SC);
4: inc(SC);
5: inc(SC);
else
end;
end;

// sc(0) has now a value of 0
// sc(1) has now a value of 1
// sc(2) has now a value of 6
// sc(3) has now a value of 6
// sc(4) has now a value of 6
// sc(5) has now a value of 6
// sc(5) has now a value of 0

I think the greatest change is as follows... I love working in Delphi. Please make it more affordable for small part time developers, or it could end up a bit of a Dinosaur.

Comments

  1. Bernard Duffin Are you using any 3d library or it is bare metal opengl ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeff weir or as Lars Fosdal pointed, learn to love it as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabio Nascimento EWDraw 3D component for boolean. I am currently working on interfacing directly with opencascade.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment