Limited Time Bonus Offer!


https://uberpdf.org/indexplus.htm

Comments

  1. Markus Ja Interesting is a great word! I think it's terrible. I am a coder, not a web designer, so I feel particularity challenged. I took the list of what everyone asked for, added it in, and then tried my best to come up with something to tell. At some point, you just have to go with you have. I think it is way too "busy". I wish I could get a professional web designer. It's a lot to take on for a one man show. I appreciate the comment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attila Kovacs The "F" is part of my silly theme ("aq" is tucked up under the "F").

    UberPDF has a reader function that totally de-constructs PDF content streams.

    I have a darn fast 3D PDF viewer (as show in the galley) I need to release to the public. At last count, I was getting over 1400 frames per second from a single CPU core.

    I posted a video in our community where we zoomed a PDF across a bunch of hi-def monitors from a Delphi app. You should take a look. It is amazing performance. Its toward the bottom of our little community:

    ÃœberPDF UberPDF

    I'm am just one guy, so one day at a time. It is coming.

    Have you considered joining our beta program?

    On a happy note, I just added almost 71,000 lines of new high level font code to the PDFUtils package I am readying for release. I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attila Kovacs thank you for asking! We are very "big" on static linking (we currently offer 182-ish pre-built static libs for almost every compiler). Currently, Delphi (on Windows) does require a DLL due to differences of COFF and OMF formats and the RTL's. I am working on native build for Rad Studio. I am close (the static build does compile and run), and I have every version of Delphi and C++Builder ready to go. It's just is a big job (a 350MB build), and I am just one guy. One day at a time! Thanks for you patience Attila.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe C. Hecht I remember as a young person in the 1990s creating user interfaces for a product the tiny consulting company I was working for had begun selling. They were TERRIBLE. I'd come up with an acronym for the product, SAILS, and let's just say I wanted to run with that theme in the interface. Hey, let's put a wood panel texture on the form! Make labels look like brass fittings! Maybe I can make this dial into a ship's wheel! In the end the form background was a photo of an ocean wave I'd taken and when the software began its minutes-long calculation IT PLAYED ENYA SINGING ORONOCCO FLOW (particularly the "sail away" part)!!!! Sigh.

    When I was at my boss' home I showed it to his wife, who in addition to being a teacher was also a talented crafter (including making drapes and refinishing furniture) and chef. As well as doing some modeling. And there is a story that involves her breaking into a building, picking a lock and discovering a dead body. Throw in her red hair, and I felt my boss married a cross of Lara Croft and Martha Stewart. Anyway, I asked her professional opinion on my design. Her response?

    "Three words. Good. Lord. No." :-)

    Me: "But Joe G (her husband) liked it!"

    Her: "Did he also tell you __ (leaving that part for the punchline)?"

    I ran back into my boss' home office and smacked him on the arm.

    Boss: "Ow! What was that for!"

    Me: "You told me you liked my user interface!"

    Boss: "Yeah, so?"

    Me: "You also didn't tell me YOU'RE COLORBLIND!!!" :-)

    EDIT: found a screen shot of a prototype that replaced the music with video of a sailing ship. I never got that ship's wheel working I guess. :-) Eventually we realized this product had much more potential use than we initially thought and pulled it to use internally after just one sales pitch.
    https://plus.google.com/photos/...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment