Recently I made a free COM server which is used for a communication with some devices. In my manual I explain how the developer can use the type library (and COM server) from Delphi7 to the current versions of Delphi.

Recently I made a free COM server which is used for a communication with some devices. In my manual I explain how the developer can use the type library (and COM server) from Delphi7 to the current versions of Delphi.
Now a developer want to use the COM server from Delphi 6 but I have no idea how to help him with an information. The last time when I used Delphi 6... was a 15 years ago?
So any help and links about Delphi 6 and the usage of the COM server from this version will help to me and to my customer. An old documentation or articles?
And at first - I really not remember can we use a COM server from Delphi6 at all or not?
:)

Comments

  1. Fix info - can be used. I deploy also a package (which use the type library) with the source code and the customer tell me that after a small modification of this package - he can use the type library (and of-course - the COM server).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just the same as from Delphi 7

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with David Heffernan, it is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a What's New in Delphi 7. You'll see little in the way of this D6 user from using your COM server. edn.embarcadero.com - edn.embarcadero.com/article/images/28980/D7_whats_new.pdf

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment