Why code completion doesn't work in a specific project?

Why code completion doesn't work in a specific project?
We are using XE3, and this happens on other developers systems too, so its not a local configuration issue. When I open other projects, code completion works, but when I open this specific DLL project, then code completion doesn't. Any idea what could be going on with Delphi to cause this, and how to fix it?

When I type anything like MyObject. and press Ctrl+Space, I only see "template" entries in the popup window. This even occurs for VCL classes too (simply everything really). Yet the project compiles and runs fine, so its not as if there is a compiler error that somehow stops code completion from working.

Like I said, this project is to generate a DLL that works as a MS Word add-in. Does Delphi not support code completion for DLL-type projects? I would think that very odd. I can Ctrl+LClick to navigate to units and data types, so Delphi knows where to find those units or classes.

Comments

  1. David Millington : I'll try and reproduce it today with 10.2.

    ps: Why can't we view bug reports without logging in. I don't let my browser store open sessions of anything (for obvious security reasons). It is so annoying when somebody posts a link to a bug report and I can't view it directly (a read-only view is better than a login screen).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalija Prasnikar : and one of those bug reports of yours is reported 4 years ago and still not resolved. :-( Why do we pay for Delphi again? I'll keep saying it... the "subscription model" is all wrong. The vendor benefits by getting money for not having to do anything. The prior business models were more consumer friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rewriting a parser is a big project. We might consider it (although "let's rewrite" is often not the best solution to a problem) but not doing that does not mean that a statement that we're fixing bugs in the current parser is incorrect. We are.

    Dalija Prasnikar Nice list. Some hard bugs to tackle. We'll see what we can do. The second, where code is inserted, is actually a different area to the CC parser.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment