Delphi Community Edition Rant.

Delphi Community Edition Rant.

Just installed Delphi CE from the 3rd attempt. Two times I tried to install all features - both times the installer fell asleep with zero CPU usage somewhere in the middle and was terminated by task manager. On the 3rd attempt I installed Win32 and Win64 platforms only and it worked.

When building TForge I've got a bunch of warnings:

[dcc32 Warning] tfNumerics.pas(244): W1025 Unsupported language feature: 'operator explicit'

Brrr... I didn't seen this nonsense in Delphi XE. If this is unsupported language feature how the code compiles?

When I clicked on the warning I've got a message box with the error message:
-------------------------
Cannot open file "F:\TForge\tforge\Packages\DX10.2\tfNumerics.pas". The system cannot find the file specified.
-------------------------
Brrr... Why IDE is searching the file where it shouldn't be? I've set all paths to my source files in Tools/Options/Library/Browsing path for IDE Editor, and compiler should know the path even without it because it compiled the file and produced this weird warning...

Comments

  1. Could be 2009, at least since 2010 it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roland Bengtsson I remember some Delphi version where this failed for include files, but worked form units. I forgot how far back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment