I've been running the Delphi 10.2.2 release without any further patches for a while, and I just installed the most recent 10.2.3 release with consolidated patches.

I've been running the Delphi 10.2.2 release without any further patches for a while, and I just installed the most recent 10.2.3 release with consolidated patches.

One thing I've noticed is this new IDE seems to "lock up" a lot more often when a "hovering cursor" causes the IDE to try looking up references or definitions. (One of the "insight" functions I guess.) There's no visual feedback that it's doing anything at all, it just looks like it stalled. I try moving and clicking the mouse, hitting the Enter key ... nothing. Apparently all of those event messages are getting queued-up somewhere and when the IDE comes back to life, it processes them.

This didn't happen in the 10.2.2 IDE for me.

Has anybody else noticed it? Is there some way to fix it so the IDE doesn't seem to just lock-up for so long?

I don't know what exactly it's doing, but the time lag is similar to how long it takes for this project to do a Build, so I'm guessing it's doing a Build in the background to create a parse tree. If this is the case, why can't it do that on its own when the IDE opens up BEFORE the first attempt to look something up? This way it wouldn't need to lock the entire UI, either.

It's extremely annoying to have to sit there and stare at a locked-up screen for 10-15 seconds while nothing happens! This is NOT "progress"!

Comments

  1. We started making sure that units that had prefixes always used the prefix. That helped quite a bit.

    Ref: quality.embarcadero.com - Log in - Embarcadero Technologies

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I have been able to create 3 applications since this release without the IDE locking up. Sometimes it depends on your setup, machine, memory and type of components you loaded whether they affect the IDE in any manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The IDE Fix Pack seems to have helped. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment