Assuming you would like to build something like in the Delphi project options Compiler settings where you have a base configuration (All Platforms) and then you have a bunch of derived configurations (Android, iOS etc.) that can override the settings from the base configuration.

Assuming you would like to build something like in the Delphi project options Compiler settings where you have a base configuration (All Platforms) and then you have a bunch of derived configurations (Android, iOS etc.) that can override the settings from the base configuration.
What data structure would you use for that. And how would you implement persistence of such data?

Comments

  1. Stefan Glienke Not sure yet, what behavior I would like exactly. It is more imortant that this works in a generic way, i.e. that by means of Rtti I can just add more properties and that I can easily persist my configurations. For the latter part, as I am a fan of Delphi's streaming, I experimented with TStream.WriteDescendant, which nicely just streams the Delta of two instances. The trickier part however is how to read in the configurations. For form and frame inheritance the RTL calls InitInheritedComponent, but this doens't work for me as this tries to load the components from the linked in resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And everyone knows that visual form inheritance is hell... and that it has the same issues - can't remove, just add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stefan Glienke I wouldn't say that visual form (and frame) inheritance is hell. While it may have its gotchas, especially in the IDE, I think the overall idea is superb and can lead to very very well designed UIs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment