Hi guys, I just want to share my experience with Tokyo 10.2.3 and HDPI.


Hi guys, I just want to share my experience with Tokyo 10.2.3 and HDPI.

To test HDPI I'm running Delphi on Win10 (latest version) on a machine with 2 monitors:
- main monitor a 27" HDPI 3840x2160 200% zoom
- secondary monitor 24" Full HD 1920x1080 100% zoom

The secondary monitory is positioned on left (as shown on attached picture).

On the monitor 2 I'm running the Delphi IDE (cause it's not ready for hdpi) and on monitor 1 I run and debug the application to test VCL hdpi.

Some considerations on my situation:

1. I get often IDE access violations: analizing IDE call stack I could see that are involved always TMonitor objects in theese errors so I suppose that this kind of configuration is not really tested and used.

2. Ide popupmenus positions are calculated in wrong way. I suppose IDE works with main monitor resolution and not with resolution of the monitor in which is running so in my configuration several menu items are sometimes not visible depending on where the right click is fired (I've opened a ticket for this).

3. I litteraly became crazy to understand why popup windows (like code completition and so on) are sometimes not shown and I discovered that when in the IDE are opened forms like GExperts grep search, the code completition windows popup are not visible because the IDE shows them in a non visible part of the monitor 2. If I close grep search the code completions returns visible.

Hope this could be helpful for someone.

Comments

  1. That combo works fine for me on my 4k (primary monitor). I use it a lot because I use it to change layout when I RDP in from my tablet and when I come back to the main PC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad Hower That combo usually works on mine, too. While making the video I realized that it doesn't work when the OI window is on the other monitor.

    I will investigate that further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Davide Angeli Have you managed to solve #2? I have the same problem in FMX apps. I have a button in the left bottom corner of the main form and it shows a popup menu. The menu is always off-screen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment