I have Delphi XE and an old license of AnyDAC. I thought to make an experiment of using Community Edition and AnyDAC so I can have remote database access.

I have Delphi XE and an old license of AnyDAC. I thought to make an experiment of using Community Edition and AnyDAC so I can have remote database access.

It didn't went too well. I managed to compile AnyDAC and even got my old application compiling in Tokyo, but AnyDAC fails to get data. I found out that in Data.DB line 6529 the member variable FIOBuffer is all zeroes so it doesn't get any data back.

Anyways, I'm mostly ranting, but if anybody has any tips I'm all ears.

Comments

  1. I'm connecting to MySQL using the phys adapter (sorry for taking so long to answer, for some reason got my account suspended shortly after publishing this. In case there is somebody tempted to report this post, this is completely legal, ok?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have experience with AnyDAC, but I would like to suggest using the ZeosLib open source database components, which also supports MySQL:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's not feasible since this is an old and kind of big project

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, found out the issue - the function overrides in AnyDAC were wrong (different parameter types). This compiled correctly but failed to actually override the right function, and the default DB.Data functions GetFieldData(...) were being called. Fixing the function overrides with the correct parameters did the trick. I'm as happy as a clam.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment