I'm trying to build this library in Delphi 10.2.3 Tokyo:

I'm trying to build this library in Delphi 10.2.3 Tokyo:

https://github.com/pjde/delphi-mqtt

(I have the latest ICS lib installed as well.)

It looks like the author used Delphi XE to build this lib originally.

I opened the .dproj file in Tokyo and it prompts me to convert it. I took the default.

Then I went into project options and set up the folders for debug on W32 and W64, then I ran Build. When I got it to finally build ok, it complained that it had to implicitly import a bunch of ICS files. The original Requires file spec has a bad path on it, and is also for the wrong version of Delphi.

Anyway, the problem I'm having is that after running Build, there's no Install option present in the right-click menu.

So when I try to open the demo file, it complains b/c it can't find the components anywhere, which is to be expected.

It doesn't look like the author properly separated things for Design and Run-time needs, but there IS a register proc contained in uMQTTComps. So I'm at a loss of why it has no INSTALL option.

It has been quite a while since I did anything with components, so can anybody tell me what's wrong with this?

Comments

  1. David Schwartz how to use your LOG program ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Achim Kalwa Ok, I'll give that a try. I keep forgetting that the IDE is a 32-bit app not 64-bit.

    shlomo abuisak not sure what you're asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Schwartz sorry Dave it is not your program

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment