This is a question that probably Marco can answer but I figure it's a good question to ask publicly - my company currently doesn't use Delphi. We have a company-wide Hackaton next month, which means we get to propose whatever we'd like to see implemented in our company. I'd like to propose an app and I'd love to make it with Delphi; I need a fully working multidevice mobile app to be made in less than a week, and I think Delphi is pretty much the only good option for that.

This is a question that probably Marco can answer but I figure it's a good question to ask publicly - my company currently doesn't use Delphi. We have a company-wide Hackaton next month, which means we get to propose whatever we'd like to see implemented in our company. I'd like to propose an app and I'd love to make it with Delphi; I need a fully working multidevice mobile app to be made in less than a week, and I think Delphi is pretty much the only good option for that.

Can we use a trial license for this competition? (it's just a week). Do trial versions have limitations in the creation of mobile apps?

Comments

  1. Download the community edition that is free and you don't have to pay thousands of dollars for it. But keep in mind that FMX is good if you're using the components that you are given; most of them work properly (just a few are broken). If you need to start making a complex android project, native and fast then FMX is not what you are looking for

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if the Community Edition license allows this particular scenario

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leonardo Herrera you are right, this is not the proper scenario for CE. If you were working on this at home as a personal project, fine. But don't install it in a business environment, that's beyond the scope and license limitation.

    Trial is a fully functional version, it missed the source code and stand alone compilers, IIRC. Has support for all platforms, and includes Enterprise features (that is even Linux).

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it can generate proper executables, without restrictions during the trial period, then I think it's a good alternative. If we get enough traction we may ask for few licenses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leonardo Herrera, it's will be nice to post updates if used Delphi to develop the Mobile app.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment