** EDIT: The only PO is my mind... I forgot the tool that I really need; this error looks msxml or related. Need to research more**


** EDIT: The only PO is my mind... I forgot the tool that I really need; this error looks msxml or related. Need to research more**

We stop renovating the Emba Support. And before this, I use the XML Mapper and works fine.

Today I just need to use it again, and guess what? I got the dreaded:

Embarcadero XML Mapper has stopped working
Exception EAccessViolation in module xmlmapper.exe at 002B200B.
Access violation at address 006B200B in module 'xmlmapper.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

And the error occurs in 3 Delphi versions XE8, 10 & 10.1 (I don't have here the Tokyo version)

Maybe someone was having this issue before and know if is possible to resolve this programmatically obsolescence (PO)?
Or I need to go the way of the pirate just because this PO? /kidding but maybe not.

Jokes apart, this is a virtualbox windows 8.1 x64. Not fully updated (just a few months) and is the secondary installation (allowed), our programmer got the real one, but he is currently in another far location. (I will try to send the svc file to him, maybe with him the xml mappers works)

Just to notice: When I try to install the ELiSe (days before go out of support) the sh*t fails to run. I wonder if after years of unused tickets support we can get a just once support and install the Elise server. (I try in vbox windows 7, 8, 10 and fails and need to use an old java version; incredible that Emba doesn't get a more updated Elise server using their own compiler and not java)

Comments

  1. Kinda pointless unless you provide the XML.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panagiotis Drivilas It looks like it is. Maybe I need to check something else?
    https://plus.google.com/photos/...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I made a big mistake... that tool is not what I need to use, but I can confirm that the issue is on my vm/Delphi, our developer can open the "xml mapper" application.
    So please ignore my "rant", after having a heavy day (Hurricane Willa emergency) my mind is overwhelmed. (restarting servers, checking services, some vm crashed) it's not an excuse. I need a break and start using Python to relax (lol) a little.

    What I need to use is another "hidden option" (and it works)
    Create a "new vcl project" then add an "WDSL Importer" or "XML Data Binding".
    Shame! Shame! Shame! (hiding under a rock)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can also look in windows' event viewer for more specific reason the xml mapper crashed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I "fix-it" (hopefully forever)
    Reading the docs and with the Panagiotis Drivilas advice, I check and see that:
    * In syswow64 exists and OLD version of midas.dll (2015 with few KB). I search on the Embarcadero install dirs and found a lot of versions.
    * I look for the most recent version bin/18 then I do this:
    >cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    >dir midas*
    17/02/2015 04:19 p. m. 297,984 midas.dll
    >ren midas.dll midas.dll-original
    >copy "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\bin\midas.dll"
    >dir midas*
    09/11/2016 05:55 p. m. 437,712 midas.dll
    17/02/2015 04:19 p. m. 297,984 midas.dll-original
    --
    Then I start Delphi - Tools - Xml Mapper and Lo and behold it Works!

    The question is: was it the best way to correct the problem?

    BTW. Today I re-learn that syswow64 is where 32-bit dll needs to be, and then they are sym linked on system32; when I try to rename the old dll that I see in system32 there is none, just one in syswow64.
    https://plus.google.com/photos/...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Wsdl importer option is in the 'component menu' no need to do all that stuff. Btw saludos desde mexico (Regards from Mexico).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Francisco Armando Dueñas Rodríguez
    Hey! tienes razón!
    I'll try to open the XE8 version just to be sure it's there.
    I remember that It was hidden, but I can't be so sure anymore. (Regards from México too)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow my mind, again I mix things and memories.

    All began trying to use a tool (incorrectly) that didn't work (and manage to get it working again)

    The real tool that I was looking for was the WSDL importer (this time)

    But the "thing" that was "hidden" on new versions of Delphi (that Delphi 7 has) was the XML data binding, and I need to create a new project just to be able to use it.

    That's my mind these days.
    (shame shame shame)

    https://plus.google.com/photos/...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment