** EDIT: The only PO is my mind.


** EDIT: The only PO is my mind... I forgot the tool that I really need; this error looks msxml or related. Need to research more**

We stop renovating the Emba Support. And before this, I use the XML Mapper and works fine.

Today I just need to use it again, and guess what? I got the dreaded:

Embarcadero XML Mapper has stopped working
Exception EAccessViolation in module xmlmapper.exe at 002B200B.
Access violation at address 006B200B in module 'xmlmapper.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

And the error occurs in 3 Delphi versions XE8, 10 & 10.1 (I don't have here the Tokyo version)

Maybe someone was having this issue before and know if is possible to resolve this programmatically obsolescence (PO)?
Or I need to go the way of the pirate just because this PO? /kidding but maybe not.

Jokes apart, this is a virtualbox windows 8.1 x64. Not fully updated (just a few months) and is the secondary installation (allowed), our programmer got the real one, but he is currently in another far location. (I will try to send the svc file to him, maybe with him the xml mappers works)

Just to notice: When I try to install the ELiSe (days before go out of support) the sh*t fails to run. I wonder if after years of unused tickets support we can get a just once support and install the Elise server. (I try in vbox windows 7, 8, 10 and fails and need to use an old java version; incredible that Emba doesn't get a more updated Elise server using their own compiler and not java)

Comments