I'm converting a windows VCL application to FMX macOS. I've started with the simplest application that calls a function in a DYLIB/DLL. Basically that's all the app does. It works fine in Win32.

I'm converting a windows VCL application to FMX macOS. I've started with the simplest application that calls a function in a DYLIB/DLL. Basically that's all the app does. It works fine in Win32.

If I reply application with DYLIB to OSX, it aborts as soon as the app loads with ...unable to Register TFMXApplicationDelegate... I've posted to the Delphi community and Stack Exchange - no replies. If I just call an internal function (ie. I do not reference a DYLIB) the application works fine on macOS. As soon as I just use the code for the DYLIB it aborts on startup.

It seems to me this is very basic, an FMX/macOS test app calling a function in an FMX/DYLIB, it doesn't get much more basic, but it is a real blocker for me.

I've searched the net and nothing. Does ANYONE have any idea how I get past this.

Comments

  1. I know i had issues when i did not sign the dylibs inside the app bundle. you need to sign them too if you are signing the app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexander Brazda López Thanks for doing that, I'll have a look over the weekend and see how it fits into what I'm doing. I appreciate the time you have taken to assist me.....Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. +Mike Margerum I'm not signing the app and haven't signed the DYLIBS, things are local. I do understand that, if I want an app in the app store then it will need to be signed (and as you advise, the DYLIBs). Thanks for the advice Mike.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment