Just got a brand new shiney Huawei P20 Pro phone. Quite a good beast, but when I try to debug programmes with Rad/Delphi, it compiles and links the programme, copies it to the phone, starts it running, then sits on the Delphi screen with the "Run" window. Nothing happens. When I press "Cancel", I get the message "Cannot start gdbserver on port 62311 (or whatever - I can't remember) - port already in use.

Just got a brand new shiney Huawei P20 Pro phone. Quite a good beast, but when I try to debug programmes with Rad/Delphi, it compiles and links the programme, copies it to the phone, starts it running, then sits on the Delphi screen with the "Run" window. Nothing happens. When I press "Cancel", I get the message "Cannot start gdbserver on port 62311 (or whatever - I can't remember) - port already in use.
Any ideas about how to get gdbserver running happily again please?

Comments

  1. erik wilson Tried restarting the device?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many times, David. To no avail.

    A new update came through this morning.
    Now it has the version CLT-L29 8.1.0.155(C636)
    Delphi now appears to work - at least it gets
    past the compilation screens.
    But the debugger does nothing.
    I can put in whatever breakpoints I like, and they are all ignored.
    I can start the programme with instead of , but it does not
    pause at the start.
    I went to the settings/developer options, and have set
    developer options on, screen lock on, stay awake on, USB debugging on,
    always prompt when connecting to USB on, allow ADB debugging in charge mode only on,
    and enable view attribute inspection on. I have tried with various of these on and
    off, and it makes no difference.
    Any ideas please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huawei suggested restoring the phone to factory default and starting all over again. The thought of this appals me! Anyone got any ideas why Delphi + Huawei + Android 8 isn't working please?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment