One day until moving day! Friday morning at 0800 CET, the doors will open. Watch this space for more information.


One day until moving day! Friday morning at 0800 CET, the doors will open. Watch this space for more information.

How to prepare:
- Decide on your new username. Pseudonyms are OK, but personally I appreciate it when people use their real names
- Decide on which email account you will sign up with. It will NOT be possible to log in with a Social Media account
- Bring your own Avatar (A photo or something symbolic to represent you)
- Prepare a little "About you" text that you would put on your profile
- Bring a constructive attitude and a little patience and prepare for some initial adjustments to the forums (if so will be needed)
- Think about who else you would like to see joining our new home, and give them a heads up.
- If you have an open question here or on MeWe, prepare to repost it in the appropriate location

I don't know about you guys, but I am excited!

Comments

  1. Lars Fosdal, what about the history of this group? Will it be possible to migrate that information to the new home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "forums"? :/
    I have a strange feeling about the domain name. Something stating with e and ending with mbarcadero?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attila Kovacs Better starting with delphi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attila Kovacs No, it is independent from EMBT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christen Blom-Dahl That is still work in progress. It depends a little on what options Google will offer for export. I've already done a Google Takeout in Json format (200+ Gb), but I have not had a look at what's there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matteo Salvi A new home for Delphi Developers that still wants to communicate with other Delphi Developers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I have packed all my crap, all dumb things, most of the stupid ones, too... plenty of bad jokes... sorry, I lost all the good ones... some booze and I am ready to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing you didn't pack the click bait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait, sounds good !! Got all my crappy scary profile pictures at the ready

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully it is a publicly readable forum... i.e. account only required to post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lars Fosdal ok, I make my guess. Has it anything to do with TMSSoftware ? I understand I will have the answer tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alberto Paganini I could tell you, but then I would have to kill... this thread ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lars Fosdal no worries. I will wait until tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's Friday morning already here in Australia ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you go with discourse, and if so why not enable the social logins? It's trivial to setup and it saves people from having to remember logins and passwords.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vincent Parrett my lips are sealed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vincent Parrett if you wanna be tracked

    ReplyDelete
  18. delphipraxis got some suspiciously fast iron

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment