Tried to join the MeWe group via the link that Lars Fosdal has posted, but that doesn't work (for me) on mobile from G+. Tried to join the MeWe group by searching the group in the MeWe app, which keeps telling me that I can't join this group.

Tried to join the MeWe group via the link that Lars Fosdal has posted, but that doesn't work (for me) on mobile from G+. Tried to join the MeWe group by searching the group in the MeWe app, which keeps telling me that I can't join this group.
Sort of stuck ...
Can't comment on the original post because comments are disabled

Comments

  1. ok, that is odd strange. Do you have a MeWe account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The number of members jumped from 35 to 56, so it seems to be working?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I can't register on mewe because it says my number and email has been used before.
    I obviously haven't heard of mewe before this whole Google+ incident.

    Or are their restrictions towards certain countries? Lars Fosdal , any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe No idea, but I haven't heard about that. You did enter a country code for the phone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lars Fosdal , yes the country code was entered automatically by the app. It did figure that out from my location.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe I signed up using the web interface - not sure if that makes any difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe if your email is used then probably you can reset your password.... receiving an email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lars Fosdal , just tried signing up via the web interface, it just seems stuck if I click the "Join MeWe" button. This is via https://mewe.com/signup

    If I try through the homepage https://mewe.com I get a "we are sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again soon.".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cristian Peța , tried that too and it simply says "we couldn't find your account with that information".
    How weird..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today it worked via the mewe app. Search group -> Delphi -> join
    No idea why it didn't like me yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment