What hotkey do people use in Delphi Berlin to match delimeters ?

What hotkey do people use in Delphi Berlin to match delimeters ?
I mean things like begin end, parentheses, brackets.

I am surprised I didn't found anything that works without install any plugin.
I found this http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/Default_Keyboard_Shortcuts

Alt+[ / Ctrl+Q+[ Finds the forward matching delimiter.

Alt+] / Ctrl+Q+] Finds the backward matching delimiter.

That doesn't work or I misunderstood the keys to press...

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/Default_Keyboard_Shortcuts

Comments

  1. Ctrl+Q +[ or +] works. The rest does not work at all on Norwegian keyboards.

    Ctrl+Alt + Left/Right arrows would have been nice as a generic key combo for matching delimiters ({[<'>]})

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason stuff like that often doesn't work on Nordic (or actually any non-US) keyboard layout is that hotkeys don't go by the character the documentation claims, but by keyboard scan codes. And when stuff like curly or angular brackets don't have their own keys, but are accessed by, say, Alt-Shift-8, then “pressing [” of course sends a totally different scan code than when you press a dedicated key.

    This sucks like Hell, and I wish people would stop assigning shortcuts to those keys / characters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment