I'm having serious problems with the license registration.

I'm having serious problems with the license registration.
Have submitted a support case this morning but did not get a reply yet, and now it is weekend.
Perhaps someone here has ideas?

The urgent issue that I have now is:
I registered my Delphi license, the License manager says it activates Delphi 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 (and more), is valid until 31-Dec-2018 etcetera. That looks in order.
However, when I press the Done button there, I get:
"No valid license information found for Empbarcadero Delphi 10.3. (...)"
and then, "You are not licensed to use Embarcadero Delphi 10.3".

Hm. Not good. But there's more:

The same happens when I start Delphi 10.2 Tokyo, the version that I have been using until I downloaded and installed 10.3 Rio (this morning).
This is bad!

What happened before:

I have been having trouble getting Android development to work in my 10.2 IDE. I hoped that 10.3 Rio would solve this.
I downloaded, installed and registered Rio this morning.
First with the default platform settings: Win32 and one of the Apple flavours if I'm not mistaken.
Then I ran the Platform Manager again and added the Android options. So far so good.
But then in the IDE, it turned out that I still could not develop for Android as a target platform. Bummer.
(note: I had a working IDE at that moment).

Then I thought: let's try the serial number of the trial license I had received more or less accidentally when I was searching for the place where I could download RIO.
I entered it into the license manager but that didn't work. "No valid license information found...
(however, in the License Manager an entry was added for the Architect Trial).
So the trial license didn't help.

But as it turns out: it broke my registration of Delphi 10.3.
And it broke my egistration of Delphi 10.2.
(My Delphi 10 Seattle still works).

Several attempts to delete slip files and trying to reregister again haven't been successful so far.

Suggestions anyone?

Comments

  1. The license manager, versioning, patching, installation and Borland / Inprise / Embarcadero will no longer be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess not, but today, with some help, I defeated the enemy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reinier Sterkenburg you’re very welcome! It’s the classic “turn it off and on again” approach but seems to work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment