Before this site disappears forever, I thought I'd let you know that in a week or two I'll be releasing a new book for Object Pascal developers. The book was inspired by Thorsten Ball's book "Writing an Interpreter in Go" however the content is completely my own and based on an earlier project I did a few years ago. The title of the book is "Writing an Interpreter in Object Pascal Part 1: Lexical and Basic Syntax Analysis". Suitable for beginners, hobbyists, students, and interested developers. All code is open source (Apache 2.0) and available on a public repository.

Before this site disappears forever, I thought I'd let you know that in a week or two I'll be releasing a new book for Object Pascal developers. The book was inspired by Thorsten Ball's book "Writing an Interpreter in Go" however the content is completely my own and based on an earlier project I did a few years ago. The title of the book is "Writing an Interpreter in Object Pascal Part 1: Lexical and Basic Syntax Analysis". Suitable for beginners, hobbyists, students, and interested developers. All code is open source (Apache 2.0) and available on a public repository.

Further details at:

http://interpreter.analogmachine.org

Comments

  1. Interesting subject. I probably make an order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you include a link to a bookshop where buy it? Please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting topic, will there be an ebook edition, that'll be good for foreigners like me? PS, I wrote my css tokenizer and parse them into an tree structure with my own ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will get this for sure! I have been studying this topic a lot at university and I've found it very interesting. Are you going to treat topics such as context free grammars and parse trees? I see that you have mentioned grammars as well in the preview text.

    It seems very interesting, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edwin Yip There will most likely be a pdf edition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alberto Miola There are sections on context-free grammars, parse trees, recursive descent, LL(k) grammars, operator precedence, associativity and problems such as left recursion, ambiguous grammars etc. I’ll add a more detailed description of the contents on the web page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juan C. Cilleruelo Not likely to be in a bookstore, but will be available in most countries via amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Herbert Sauro very nice! I still find interesting to study these topics, I cannot wait to read your book

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will probably want to post on Delphi Praxis as the Google Plus platform is shutting down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers My target release is first week of January and will likely post to en.delphipraxis.net - Delphi-PRAXiS [en] if this site is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Herbert Sauro

    This site is going to disappear in August 30th 2019. Don't worry about this point.

    I interpret that you are working in Part 2 of this publish. Can you advance what themes are going to be the thread in this second part?

    On the other hand, I can't read about what is the language you constructed inside the examples of this book. Maybe Rhodus. Can you explain about this point?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Juan C. Cilleruelo G+ is going to disappear in April. Google changed their mind and might change it again. So definitely do worry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. iJuan C. Cilleruelo I’ll add more details to the web site on the Rhodes language. I’ll also include details of what is coming in part 2.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment