sharing data with yourself across platforms

sharing data with yourself across platforms

Apple has iCloud and there's a Notes app where you can jot down notes on iOS and MacOS devices and see them on your other iOS and MacOS devices. It's nice if your ecosystem is 100% Apple.

I'm wondering if there's anything similar that runs on iOS, MacOS, Android, and Windows? Just a simple notes-like app where you can designate a folder in, say, Dropbox, and any changes made by one instance are reflected in the others when you open them up.

My phone is an LG running Android and I'm getting an increasing number of attachments in text messages from other people that I need to print or deal with on my desktop computer, which is a MacBook Pro. Email on my phone is a PITA, and so is GMail. Even trying to save attachments to Dropbox is a pain.

Sometimes I'll be using one of my Android tablets and come across a web page that I want to look at later on my desktop. What do I do?

I can send text messages to others, but not to my own other devices.

That's what I'm looking for, a generalized Notes-like app that runs on all platforms.

Comments

  1. Evernote is a good idea. I guess Slack would work, too. I don't know anything about Google Keep, although it looks to be browser-based. I already use Dropbox regularly, although it's not important where the data is stored, per se.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used google keep, is quite good, but it is not password protected for mobile devices and there is no options for offline. Eveernote mobile is password or fingerprint protected and has options for offline and share notebooks between users.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment